Sign up by September 30th
As summer gives way to fall, farmers all around Maine are bringing in the harvest. For seniors craving the best of the season, it’s not too late to register for the Maine Senior FarmShare Program. There are two types of shares available, “Senior Select,” and “Farmer Select.” Participating seniors receive a share (worth $50) of fresh, local produce at no cost from an authorized farm during the growing season. Buy storage crops, fill your freezer, or can the bounty! Maine seniors 60 years or older who meet the eligibility guidelines may participate (learn more here). The deadline to register for 2021 is September 30th!
Choose your favorite produce.
Here is a selection of participating farms around the state that still have shares available. (Some farms have no shares remaining.) If none are near you but you would still like to participate, please email SeniorFarmShare.AGR@maine.gov or call (207) 446-5550.
- Adam’s Strawberry Acres in Corinth (207-570-6275) – Pickup at the farm stand
- Alewive’s Brook Farm in Cape Elizabeth (207-671-4356) – Pickup at farm stand, the Scarborough Farmers’ Market, the South Portland Farmers’ Market, and the Portland Farmers’ Market
- Amber’s Best Farm in Stetson (207-217-0395 – Pickup at the farm stand
- Andrews Farm in Gardiner (207-441-1760) – Pickup at the Augusta Mill Park Farmers’ Market or the Yarmouth Farmers’ Market
- Applewald Farm in Litchfield (207-268-9276) – Pickup at the farm stand
- Berry Fruit Farm in Livermore (207-897-476) – Pickup at the farm stand
- Flaherty’s Family Farm in Scarborough (207-883-5494) – Pickup at the farm stand
- Foxgreen Farm in Howland (508-212-2468) – Pickup at the farm stand, the Howland Farmers’ Market, or the Lincoln Farmers’ Market
- McElwain’s Strawberry Farm in Caribou (207-551-6899) – Pickup at the farm stand
- Simons Hancock Farm in Hancock (207-669-0279) – Pickup at the farm stand
Enjoy the convenience of delivery.
Do you live in a senior living facility in Central Maine, or somewhere in or near Lewiston/Auburn, Waterville, and Portland? Do you work with senior housing developments in those areas? Farmer Kev’s Organics is looking for additional drop-off points of farmer-selected Senior FarmShare. They will bring four deliveries of fresh produce to income-eligible seniors (60+) at facilities that sign up 20 or more participants. Deadline for registering is September 30th, and produce will be delivered in October and early November. Please email SeniorFarmShare.AGR@maine.gov or call (207) 446-5550 if you are interested.