Locating a fiber farm, artist and maker
- Open the interactive map and trip itinerary tool to easily view contact information of participating sites, personalize your trip, and share with others, or print details.
- Read our tips for using the trip itinerary tool to explore Maine agriculture throughout the year.
Fiber tour stops and dates:
This annual event happens in October. Participating sites choose their dates – generally the first or second, or both the first and second weekends in October. Please check back often as sites are added for the upcoming year.
Tips for exploring Maine’s fibershed this fall:
- We recommend checking local listings before you head out. Most sites represent Maine’s fibershed, which means they are working farms and smaller businesses manufacturing and crafting products for depending on their seasonal tasks.
- Each location is different and may update schedules and activities as the event date nears.
- Check back for updates, and find more details about activities that host sites publish on the Real Maine event calendar.
- If you’re new to fiber production in Maine, we encourage you to read about Maine’s fibershed, and the ways you can support it.