Connecting with farms during Maine Open Farm Day
Approximately 100 farms across Maine are welcoming visitors Sunday, July 24, 2022 during Maine’s 33rd Open Farm Day. We suggest three ways you can plan your visit, and locate farms to connect with during this summertime tradition.
- View the full list of 2022 Maine Open Farm Day host sites – get to know more about the farms by clicking their profiles.
- Use a pre-made trip itinerary – a list you can use to save contact info, maps, and share with friends, and help you decide which parts of the state, and area farms, to visit.
- The Real Maine event calendar highlights all sorts of events happening year-round in Maine agriculture. Use the following information to browse Open Farm Day activities different farms will host this year.
Browse Maine Open Farm Day activity descriptions
To help you learn more about Maine Open Farm Day activities, many farms publish event calendar details. Here is a list of farm descriptions from some of the participating sites.
- All in Thyme – Open Farm Day
- Maine Open Farm Day at Attwood Farm
- Open Farm Day at Balfour Farm
- Berwick Open Farm Day
- Brae Maple Farm – Open Farm Day
- Chill Hill Farm and Forest Grand Opening – Open Farm Day
- Frinkle Pod Farm Open Farm Day
- Gathering Winds Farm and Orchard Opening Day – Open Farm Day
- Goat Hugs and Doughnuts with Anchor ME
- ME Water Buffalo Co. – Open Farm Weekend
- Nooney Farm – Open Farm Day
- Nubik Ranch – Keeping Bees in Northern Climate
- Phillip View Farm’s Open Farm Day
- Pineland Farms Open Farm Day – Different Events!
- Rebel Road Cooperative Farm Open Farm Field Day
- Ripley Farm’s Open Farm Day
- Royal River Orchard’s Open Farm Day
- Slattery’s Farm – Open Farm Day
- Smiling Hill Farm – Open Farm Day
- Smithereen Farm – Open Farm Day
- Sweet Dreams Lavender Farm – Farm Days with Maine’s First Lavender Farm
- Unique Maine Farms – Open Farm Day
Tips and Reminders for Visitors
- If you’re new to this tradition, we encourage you to Iearn more about Open Farm Day
- Most farms are open 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., but not all. Refer to the local listings for specific details.
- Sites are open to the public. Generally there is no fee, or registration, to attend. However, some sites sell farm products, and you can purchase them while visiting.
- Before you depart, double check for any updates – in case farm plans change. You can also refer to farm listings, social media webpages, or call the farm.
- Please keep pets and your own farm animals at home – and help keep the farms healthy by washing your hands, or using sanitizer, between visits.
- Bring your questions about agriculture, and your taste for outdoor adventure for this rain or shine activity.
- After your vist – share your feedback
Stay connected year-round
Open Farm Day is an annual tradition. But, there are plenty of ways to support and explore a variety of Maine agriculture year-round. We share some tips below.
- Suggestions for a memorable visit – What to know when you visit a farm
- Explore what’s in season with Real Maine
- Looking for things to do? Farmstands? Markets? Farm products and flavors? Try Real Maine’s itinerary creator to plan your trip!
- Explore the Real Maine Ice Cream Trail – an easy way to find businesses featuring Maine ingredients, including milk and cream from Maine dairies.
- Real Maine Fiber Tour and Trail – a fall event connecting you to Maine’s fibershed
- Browse the list of all Real Maine members – You can select and filter by farm products, ways to buy, locations, and more!